10 Bearing System • Magnetic Control System • Zero-Reverse
The most recognizable change in the Speed Spool® is its frame design. The new frame is one-piece die-cast aluminum with easily removable palming graphite sideplates. The new Speed Spool® weighs only 7 ounces, mostly due to its new frame platform called LFS, which helps reduce the overall weight of the reel. The LFS design also increases the distance between the zirconia line guide, which gives anglers extreme distance on the cast. SSG U-spools are anodized aluminum. The SSG1S is machine forged, while all others are machined aluminum.
- One-piece aluminum frame
- 10 double-shielded premium stainless steel bearing system with Zero-Reverse anti-reverse
- Anodized aluminum U-style spool
- High strength solid brass gearing
- Externally-adjustable magnetic brake system (MCS)
- Easily removable palming graphite sideplate
- Rugged Rulon drag system with 10 lb max drag
- Anodized aluminum spool tension adjustment
- Anodized, bowed, aluminum handle with Lew’s® custom paddle knobs
- External lube port
- Zirconia line guide
- Deep-spool SSG1S cranking model with a longer 95MM handle
|Model||Bearings||Wt. Oz.||Line Capacity||Gear Ratio||IPT|
IPT = Inches Per Turn, Line Capacity = yards/lbs.